First of all, you are probably wondering who Mrs. Holster is.
Mrs. Holster was a very important person in my families life. She was a woman who taught my grandmother many things and spent a lot of time with her. She was an amazing chef, who took pride in cooking and baking for her husband, kids, grand kids and others. My mother recently got married and as a gift, received Mrs. Holsters recipes from a special family member. We decided to start making her recipes and last night made our very first. They are called “Quick Party Bars”. We made a dairy and gluten free version but you don’t have to. It tastes good either way.
Anyway here is the recipe.
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Finely chopped nuts
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to make this:
1. Blend 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter and 1 tsp. vanilla.
2. Add one egg to the blended mixture and beat till fluffy.
3. Stir in 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup rolled oats.
4. Spread mixture in greased 7×11 inch pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 20 min.
6. Cool slightly then melt 1 pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips on the top of the bars.
7. Sprinkle finely chopped nuts on the top after you have poured the melted chocolate on top.
8. Cut the bars while they are warm because if you don’t, they get hard and it is very difficult to cut them.
This is what the finishing product should look like right after you cut them.
Here’s a tip: Put them in the fridge for a short period of time so the chocolate can thicken up some more or else it will drip everywhere.
This should be what it looks like after it comes out of the fridge.
Enjoy your bars and if you have any questions please comment below.
~ Thank You ~ 🙂 🙂 🙂